.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Algae Biofuel Anyone?

CSInman commented on my tree rant that algae is less sexy than trees but very efficient at dealing with CO2. So true. Blue-green algae would be one way to terraform Mars, producing oxygen for us folk. Hey, I AM a SF writer after all. But speak of the devil, or algae for that matter, and what did I turn up in the IEEE Spectrum online, but a very cool little project to vertically raise algae for biofuel production. Not only is is a smaller footprint than a soybean field, those soybeans, or rice, or wheat can have their good, arable soil. All you really need for the algae is solar energy, nutrients, and water. Take a look!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home