.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Spring Arrival with Lamb and Skies


Well, I declare it officially spring. Two of my ewes have now lambed, each with a single lamb -- I'm blaming the nasty weather earlier, they usually twin. But both are nice, large lambs, one ewe, one ram lamb. This is the first born, the official 'spring is here' announcement. He's a couple of hours old in this picture, nice and dry and already has his belly full.

It has been quite the week. Crocuses blooming, lambs. George is doing great, his surgeon calls him 'one tough guy' and said he could go back to flying at the end of the month. Nice to see him looking good. I miss my rides in the back seat of the twin Comanche he flies. The season has really changed. The sheep always know. So happy spring to you all, even if you do have snow up to your backside.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it was sixty here in the heartland yesterday, so I got the bike out and went for a ride. Lots of New Year's Resolution people out (Translation: people who don't know trail etiquette.) and very windy too, so it wasn't as enjoyable as I was hoping. Weather gnomes say we've got another day or so of nice before the normal February deep freeze comes back, so I'm going to try to ride again today. Always be ready to have a good time, I say! ---gk

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home