.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Cover is in the Building!



Well, here it is, folks, the cover to Horizons, the new SF novel out in November from Tor Books! I'll get it up onto my website asap...I notice that Amazon.com already has it listed for preorder. So I gues the game is afoot. I'm very pleased with the cover. The artist didn't do badly at all with the orbital platform...well, a few glitches maybe, but overall, she did a nice job. A rotating tin can isn't nearly as sexy as a torus, but much more practical in terms of efficiency of space.

I'm looking forward to some great panels at NorwesCon this weekend, all related to my (now considerable!) knowledge of all things space-habitat oriented. :-)

Thursday, I'm doing a panel on Astrobiology (a HUGE new field) at 6 PM,

Friday, I get to talk about human evolution (Just read the book! :-)) at 4 PM and I'll be talking about teaching writing at 5 PM.

I'll be reading from Horizons (A nice exciting scene) on Saturday at 1:30, right after a booksigning at noon, and will be talking about Space Hotel Design (did you realize FOUR companies are already working on this? For real?) at Saturday at 5 PM. All this research is paying off! LOL

Sunday, I'll be talking about 'sanitizing space travel'. And you thought Nor Virus is bad on earth, ha!

Thank you Norwescon Programming for some great panels. I'm really looking forward to this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Woo hoo! I wish I was going to Norwescon. The panels sound great. I hope you have a really good time.
The cover looks good! I love the exhaust. I can tell already this is going to be a great read. I've been in a space state of mind lately (not the same as spacey, heh, though there may be some of that going on). I read Chaiken's "Man on the Moon" and watched Tom Hank's HBO series "From the Earth to the Moon" recently. It gives me a hankering to read something well-researched that feels more like 'real space'.
I was telling the kids that I'd love to go to the Apenine Mountains on the moon, but that it probably wouldn't be possible within my lifetime. Orion begged to differ. Heh. But sounds like I might be able to take a (very expensive) vacation in orbit. Now that would be something ...

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home