.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year...Sans Profundity

Okay, it's New Year's Eve. I should say something profound and/or pithy about the previous year. I should share my incredibly insightful resolution for this year with you.

Sorry. Last year is last year and it was full of stuff...good and bad. Process it later -- or never -- don't sweat it now. (Years, like manure, compost well)

Resolutions? Those are dark crows that come to roost, squawking, on your shoulder later, after you have failed to keep them. I did a blanket resolution years ago and it has served me well ever since... Make the most of the coming year. And have fun whenever possible.

So happy New Year folks! May it be a great one to make the most of and don't forget the 'fun' part!

Happy New Year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home