.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Good Real Tired

I'm tired. Really tired. Reality and creativity collided last night and I'm still kind of bruised. Been stuck on the current novel with the knowledge that I need something more here but it's hiding back in my hindbrain somewhere. And I had a herding lesson today, worth driving way north for. But it's VERY cold so that means...me with no central heating...that I have to get up early enough to get a good bed of coals in the woodstove so that I can bank a couple of big hawthorn snags in there to keep the temp reasonable until I get home. So I go to bed and get waked up at 3 Am by ...the answer. Think Pygmalion, polar bears with northern-lights hair, and old norse gods. Needless to say, I was annoying my dogs, scribbling notes, and half-dreaming dialogue until the pre-crack of dawn Time of Doing Warm Things arrived. So I got up and did the fire and went out to spend the day talking canine to dogs about sheep ( in the FREEZING wind I am still cold). And the tired is SO worth it, such a blend of physical and creative-brain, and winter.

But I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home