.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nice Writing News

I got a great call today. Was a classic Oregon February day; rain, wind, sun, more wind. So I was working on students. And Deborah Ross called, editor of the Lace and Blade anthologies, very nice fantasy collections. I've written two stories for her -- Night Wind in the first anthology, and Dragon Wind in the second (not out yet). She called to tell me that Night Wind, a sort of historical fantasy (well, they both are) was on the final Nebula ballot! I had to pry my jaw off my chest. That's way cool. I really enjoyed writing that story.

4 Comments:

Blogger Norilana said...

Congratulations, it's a fabulous story! :-)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mary, congratulations. Take my word for it, it's much better than catching a cold. ---gk

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Congrats!!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger C.S. said...

Congratulations!!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home