.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Story on Tap!

I am so thrilled. Months and months ago, the editor of Aberrant Dreams contacted me about participating in their 'Writers Challenge'. They posted several illustrations on the website and a list of participating pro authors. The entrants were to write a synopsis of a story to suit one of the illustrations-- just the outline -- and could even request a character name. They were also to pick the pro that they wanted to write the actual story. A winning synopsis was chosen for each illustration and the named pro will write the story. Apparently I am one of the pros named. I am really looking forward to this! It's something fun and new, and Ernie Saylor, the editor of Aberrant Dreams tells me that I will be surprised at the synopsis my winning entrant came up with. Do I hear a chuckle in his 'voice'? This will be fun!

Do check out the ezine -- I put the link in above. They've updated the website and the page is a LOT of fun. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home