.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Writing Ruminations

Writing is such an internal process. Why not make those private ruminations public? This is how stories take shape and grow.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon, United States

I've been supporting myself as a writer for many years and am watching the changes in the publishing world with fascination. For me, sharing the craft, teaching, is as creatively satisfying as the writing process itself.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Family Fun




Well, needless to say, the writing has been going well and global warming has me out in the garden much earlier than usual this year. Okay, it's not climate that's got my first planting of greens and peas up in early February, it's weather. Just as it's weather burying Oswego NY under ten or twelve feet of snow. But I just got email from my son, Nate, at Madison that he passed his Quals, so he has passed milestone one toward that PhD (Computer Science). And being my son, he celebrated in a typical fashion of course. He went polar dipping in the lake. I think it was above zero that day. Maybe.

Ah, genetics. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoot! Also,

SHIVER!!!

I mean, that might be fun with a sauna first but I don't see one around. You grow strong men, Mary.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mary Rosenblum said...

Ah, I didn't post the pix where the rather lilac colored swimmers are sinking into the post-ice-bath hot tub surrounded by snow. Hopefully with some good Finnish vodka provided for the occasion.

Yeah, one kid jumps into fires, the other one into frozen lakes. I guess they're not bored, eh?

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home